APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR
REGISTRATION OF INVESTMENT ADVISERS (State Registrants) (IA Essential Information)
fee: $250.00 through electronic filing,
Investment Adviser Registration Depository (
2. File electronically – FORM ADV through Investment Adviser Registration Depository, (IARD). The website address for IARD is www.iard.com. There is an initial setup fee of $150.00 charged by NASDR for investment adviser registrations and notice filings
following documents shall be submitted directly to the Alabama Securities
3. Sample copies of the applicant’s client agreement forms. (Client Agreement Guidelines)
4. Balance sheet prepared in accordance with GAAP, dated not more than 90 days prior to filing of application. All investment advisers must maintain a minimum net capital of $10,000.00 or post a $50,000.00 surety bond.
5. Attached to balance sheet: oath by duly authorized officer stating that such statement is true and correct to the best of their knowledge, information, and belief.
6. A statement regarding whether the firm maintains custody and/or discretionary authority should be provided.
7. A surety bond in the amount of $50,000.00 on FORM USB, payable to the State of Alabama if:
a. The investment adviser maintains custody of client funds or securities; or
b. The investment adviser has discretionary authority over customer accounts; or
c. The investments adviser does not maintain the minimum net capital of $10,000.00.
8. If the applicant is an out-of-state corporation:
· An undertaking or affidavit as to whether the applicant has branch offices or representatives residing in Alabama.
certificate to do business as a foreign corporation is required if the applicant
has branch offices or representatives residing in this state. This certificate is available through the
Alabama Secretary of State’s office,
of applicant’s brochure if clients will receive a brochure in addition to or instead
of Part II of Form
2. An undertaking or affidavit stating the number and type, if any, of Alabama clients.